For over 140 years, Children's National has helped care for every child that comes thru its doors, regardless of their ability to pay. For the past three years, it has ranked among the best pediatric hospitals in the nation.
WHAT: Help make the inaugural Race for Every Child fundraising event a success with nationally and internationally renowned Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, D.C. Event details are on RaceForEveryChild.org – in brief:
· 5k (3.1 miles) Race for Every Child run/walk
· Kids’ Dash for those 10 years old and younger
· Fun activities for children and teens
· Children’s National doctors and nurses on hand to demonstrate advanced technology and talk about services the hospital provides
· Families, education and faith communities, corporations, nonprofits, health professionals, athletes, team mascots and many more will join the race. Celebrities will make appearances. An awards ceremony will be held.
WHY: Funds raised from the race will help make sure that every child in the Washington metropolitan area – as well as those across the country and around the world who come to Children’s National – can get the world-class care they need. Consider:
· Every year, Children’s National serves more than 270,000 children, many of whose families are not covered by insurance or cannot meet their co-payments.
· Its emergency room is among the busiest in the area, with 200-350 visits a day.
HOW: Your support can take many shapes and forms:
· Form a race team for your organization – or better, multiple teams that compete against each other – and take the summer to meet your fundraising goal.
· Spread the word on your blogs, website, Facebook posts, Tweets, e-newsletter features, events listing, or provide us 10 minutes on your meeting/conference agenda.
WHEN: Saturday, October 5, 2013, 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
WHERE: Freedom Plaza, Pennsylvania Avenue and 13th Street, NW
For more information, go to raceforeverychild.org
Children’s National Medical Center in Washington, DC, has been serving the nation’s children since 1870. Home to Children’s Research Institute and the Sheikh Zayed Institute for Pediatric Surgical Innovation, Children’s National is consistently ranked among the top pediatric hospitals by U.S. News & World Report and the Leapfrog Group. Children’s National is a Magnet designated hospital. With 303 beds and eight regional outpatient centers, Children’s National is the premier provider of acute pediatric services in the Washington metropolitan area.