DC Stoddert Soccer believes that all children who are selected to participate in its travel program should be able to play, regardless of family income. As such, the club has a Financial Assistance Committee where the applications of families requesting financial assistance are reviewed and scholarship awards granted, dependent on need.
2015-16 Travel Scholarship Registration Process
- All players must register with DC Stoddert through a secure, online registration system which will were initiated after results from the 2015-16 travel team tryouts were released.
- Parents should indicate “applying for scholarship” when completing online registration for the team that they were invited to join for the 2015-16 school year.
- A deposit of $150 is required when submitting the application. Directions can be found on the scholarship request form that must be completed in full when applying for assistance.
DOWNLOADABLE APPLICATION FORM
2015/2016 Travel Scholarship Request Form
This application must be accompanied by the necessary documentation (one of the two options listed below):
- U.S. Federal Tax Return (Form 1040) First Page Only
- Proof of eligibility for TANIF Free Lunch Program or Food Stamps
Please block out Social Security numbers that appear on these documents before submitting them for review.
WHERE TO SEND YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION
Documents should be completed and mailed to:
DC Stoddert Soccer, Inc.
Attention: Scholarship Committee
4620 Wisconsin Avenue, NW, Suite A
Washington, DC 20016
The application form may be sent via email to the attention of Genna Opatut, Club Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org, but all supporting documents (tax returns, eligibility for free lunch, food stamps paperwork) must be mailed in hard copy format to the address provided above.
AWARD DETERMINATION PROCESS
Decisions of the Financial Assistance Committee will be communicated directly to the applicant’s family via email. If funds are awarded, the scholarship award will help defray fees associated with the full soccer-year (both fall 2015 and spring 2016 seasons). Scholarship recipients will not be required to submit new documentation in order to qualify for spring 2016 season assistance. The award will not cover all of the costs associated with travel soccer - please read the form carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Ms. Genna Opatut
Club Registrar and Online Resources Coordinator